Our Mini Prism is an essential attribute to producing extremely accurate measurement results, as well as translating objects recorded with a 3D laser scanner onto a global coordinate system. Our reference spheres are perfectly compatible with this mini prism, as both centers perfectly align allowing for a precise location measurement. Consequently, a fast and accurate survey of a reference sphere is possible without any problems or the need for complicated equipment set-ups. Use the Laser Scanning America reference stickers to easily and accurately position and install a reference sphere or mini prism expediting the laserscanning process. The Mini Prism is particularly suitable for laser scanning projects that must be linked to a pre-existing coordinate system or project; combined with the PointCab Merger Tool messy synchronizations are a thing of the past.
Flexibility: laser scanner positions can be easily determined within a local or global frame of reference/coordinate system
Very accurate: best possible results through the use of a total station or a tachymeter
- prism constant: -34.4 mm (-1.35 in)
- forced centering because the prism will be screwed onto a threaded bolt (M8) or mounted onto the magnetic base of our reference spheres
- fully compatible with any of our reference spheres
- surveying reference spheres with a total station
- positioning the center of a reference sphere to achieve highly accurate results
- determining the position of an object scanned within the context of an existing coordinate system
Areas of application:
- architecture, construction, and preservation of historic buildings and monuments
- digital factory and plant construction
- mining industry and tunnel construction
- energy and supplying industry
- all types of tachymeters that support a prism constant of -34.4 mm (-1.35 in) (mini prism round)
- 1 mini prism incl. a magnetic holder (M8/20mm)
- With the help of the mini prism, you will directly determine the coordinate for your registration purposes.
- Particularly suitable for laser-scanning projects that must be linked to an existing coordinate system/reference system. For digital assistence with projects such as these refer to the PointCab Merger Tool.
- In complex laserscanner projects, measuring the center of the sphere increases the accuracy of the registration.
- Eccentric measurements are relics of the past.
- Use our stickers to permanently mark your reference and control points. You will be able to accurately position and install the reference sphere as well as the mini prism for your surveying tasks.